UW West Madison Agricultural Research Station
The field day will feature vegetable research conducted on certified land at the research station and organic farms. Topics will include:
- Organic variety trials of sweet corn, snap peas, carrots, winter squash, leafy greens, beets, and potatoes
- Results of farmer participatory breeding projects
- No-till vegetable production using fall-sown, mowed cover crops
- Intercropping vegetables with living mulches
- Update on the Veggie Compass cost-of-production tool
The experiment station is located at 8502 Mineral Point Rd, Verona, WI 53593. Event will occur rain or shine. Questions regarding the field day can be directed to Dr. Erin Silva, Organic Production Scientist, firstname.lastname@example.org.