Research is central to our mission. We apply transdisciplinary, participatory, systems-oriented approaches to address emerging challenges in production agriculture and food systems.
The Center for Integrated Agricultural Systems has a long history of research and information that support many types of agriculture including crop and animal farming, and cutting edge research from graduate students.
Want to learn more? There are a variety of professional development opportunities for motivated individuals to learn from experienced growers and University specialists about starting a sustainable farm business. There are also Madison campus opportunities for students to earn degrees and certificates, and participate in student organizations.Explore learning opportunities
- Feb 13
- 12:00 AM Bryson Scholarship Poster Competition Atmospheric, Oceanic, and Space Sciences building’s Community Poster Reception
- Feb 14
- 3:00 PM Just Transitions to Managed Livestock Grazing A public webinar & report
- Feb 21
- 10:00 AM Cider Styles and Cider Tasting for cider makers
- Feb 23
- 1:00 PM Farm to Community Wellness: Networking Local Food Supply Chains an Organic University session
- Mar 2
- 12:30 PM Loving Orphaned Space: The Art and Science of Belonging to Earth STS Lunch Seminar
- Mar 14
- 10:00 AM Cider Analysis and Cider Flaws for cider makers